Thursday, March 5, 2009

Life with Kim....my new blog

I spent so much of my time on facebook, myspace, (or as my mother calls it MyFace) and twitter-I thought I would create my own blog to keep it all in one spot.
I am new at this whole thing so please be patient with me while I get it up and running. My sister-in-law is a wonderful writer and she does such a great job at her blog http://www.notesfromthenest.com/ , that I am a bit anxious about creating this. I have so many videos and pictures of Keira that I want to share but don't know a good way to do it so here I go!

3-5-08 Swimming with Mommy
Tonight Keira and I went swimming, again. It has become a routine for us. I find that the most difficult time for a stay-at-home (SAHM) is the 3:00pm - 6:00pm block. It is after nap, before dinner, and you have run out of all ideas. This is why I got online and found open swimming at our local swimming pool. It is great, I pay $2.50 and we can stay in the pool for hours, although we only last for about 45minutes..."Swimming" is hard work!

My understanding was that things became weightless (or at least lighter) in the water?!...nope, not my 25 pound daughter. It is a good work out for both of us. She gets to practice her kicks and splashes while I get to hold a thrashing 25 pound banshee in 4 feet of freezing cold water. It is really hard to look cute while doing this and I had an epiphany tonight that I am officially a mom.
Now, I know I have been a mom for almost a year now but it really sunk in when I walked through the dimly lit, slimy, damp locker room and caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror. (A full length mirror in a swimming locker room!?!?) I will spare you much of the details but I have to admit that I haven't shaved my legs in weeks, my skin is dry and pale and I had beautiful lines around my ankles from where my tube socks were moments earlier cutting off the circulation to my feet. (feet that had chipped nail polish too) My new "mommy veins" match my blue swimsuit beautifully. Thankfully I have a nice little skirt on my suit-which brings me to my epiphany. What woman wears a swimsuit with a skirt? A MOM DOES!!! But as I said before I am going to spare you the details of what the full length mirror showed me and I will go straight to the video. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Keira has become quite a daredevil lately. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Love it!! Mom veins are totally in, just so you know. - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is go brave of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like ALL the cool girls wear skirted swimming suits! Kim & Keira, you're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this blog, so funny, such a great writer - with a husband with a GSOH!!

    "I sometimes feel bad for my husband. Only sometimes".

    "I spent so much of my time on facebook, myspace, (or as my mother calls it MyFace)"

    Excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christian
    Thank you so much, glad to hear you enjoy the blog. I am working on an update!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Boese BohnsackMay 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM

    "my face" - my favorite quote! probably because i can totally hear your mom saying it! - Jenny Boese

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Tiny Dancer Fleece just for girls--it is so cute! One of my bridesmaids is having her first baby and I want this blankie to give since she has a HUGE family and will probably get the entire Babies R Us store at her baby shower. This is something original and something that she won't grow out of!!!
    amanda_k_krutzig@uhc.com

    ReplyDelete